A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Friday, June 17, 2011

One World Premiere, a musical,a play with music, and just a play. 2004

A set shot of "Chesapeake" 2004.  I am very proud of this production and I love the play.  The director was Lou Jacob and we had a great time working together on this play.  It was not our first time together so there was a short hand that moved the technical rehearsals along.  David was amazing and worked so hard on such a demanding role.  One of my professors saw the production in previews and gave me a big hug after saying how proud he was and how he was glad to be working in the theater.

"Chesapeake" for City Theatre

"The Last 5 Years" for Jewish Theatre of Pittsburgh" 2004.  I love this little musical.  It was also fun to do because the entire team from musicians to actors to design and director had a great experience.  It is a bittersweet story and Jason Robert Brown wrote such a beautiful interesting musical.

"Mezzulah 1946" for City Theatre 2007 (world premiere).  This was a lot of work.  It was a world premiere and i had just finished one and was going to do another after this opened.  The paintings of whistler were an inspiration from the director.  Tony Ferrieri gave me a lot of open space to light.  Of course we are in many locations but as in most time budgets are always a bit of "fight" for myself.  In the end my thoughts leave me wishing for more.

"Mondo Mangia" for City Theatre 2004.  This production had many successes for the theater.  It was so much fun to work on.  Sadly Jillene, the writer/actress passed away.  I was quite happy and proud to be part of this production.

No comments:

Post a Comment