A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Honus and Me" for City Theatre 2005

Originally Eric Simonson was to direct this but for personal reasons he had to  back out.  Lou Jacob came in and had a blast.  Tony gave me the largest set i ever had to light at that time for City Theatre.  This production was running in pittsburgh before the All Star Game that the pirates hosted.   They were a big sponsor on the production.  Once again it is a multi location play.  The primary backdrop was the baseball stadium.  The wall had many tricks which was fun to unveil as the play moves along.  It has a crazy sequence in the second act that the sound designer and i were exhausted writing cues and teching that section. 



No comments:

Post a Comment