A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Thursday, October 24, 2013

"A Musical Christmas Carol" for Civic Light Opera..1992-Present

Back in 1992 i was the associate lighting designer on this production.  Martin Bookwalter was the set designer as well as the lighting designer.  Charles Gray was the producer back then and he wanted someone local who might be able to recreate the show.  Martin was so busy dressing the set that i wrote the first act cues and he wrote the second act.  The following year Charles asked me to recreate the show.  Subsequently Charles asked me to "fix" parts of the show he didn't like as much as others.  IN the 2 years that followed the show had a new look.   I have recreated the show every year but 2 because i was out of town.  These shots are from the recent revivals.  It is fun to work on this show every year.  One of these shots was with my Ipad.






No comments:

Post a Comment