A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Streets of America" A new musical by Michael Ruppert for the playhouse 2007

This was a world premiere.  The story revolves around 3 brothers and how the vietnam war affects each one.  There were some interesting problems to solve.  Any new production is always a huge endeavor but a new musical adds 25% more work to the mix.  While my basic ideas were rooted and solid i wish i had more technology.   A budget is always a reality and working in university theater has pluses and minuses. Michael was very grateful for the work our team did on this piece and gave him accurate knowledge of what has to change in the piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment