A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Swonderful for CLO Cabaret 2010

This was a new original production using a bunch of great Gerswhin music.  It premiered at the CLO Cabaret and then it went on a 40 week tour all over the country.  At the cabaret i had 33 color scrollers and 5 color kinetics LED strip lights and another 70 conventional units in the plot.  No, we did not play all the big cities.  I loved reading the stage manager's performance reports from the various cities.  The tour carried all the original costumes/set/props/video/sound.  No lighting package.  I made 4 different versions of the light plot.  It was up to the venue on what they would hang.  Can you say bummer?





No comments:

Post a Comment