A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Monday, March 5, 2012

"The Mask of Moriarty" for PICT 2011

The following are pictures from a production of "The Mask of Moriarty" for Pittsburgh Irish and Classical.  It is a send up of a sherlock holmes story.  The director, Alan Stanford, was the original "watkins" in the play.  He has a lot of history with this show.  He had very clear ideas on how the play works and what makes it work.  Gianni Downs, the set designer, had a really inventive idea for all the various locations in the play.  The play was a huge success critically and financially.  I just wish we had dry ice for these pictures.  We used a lot of haze and dry ice in this show.





No comments:

Post a Comment