A dear old friend of mine introduced me at a production meeting as "That Famous Polish Lighting Designer" and we all chuckled. During the production the crew gave me a pen/desk set with the engraving TFPLD. As the internet came into popular culture i needed an email addy. I tried 4 different names and on my last chance i looked at my pen/desk set and said of course "TFPLD"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"The Producers" for CLO 2010

Bill Burns, the director, was going to recreate the broadway production.  We had the national tour set.  We had the majority of the bells and whistles but no automated deck since it, the production, was right in the middle of the summer season for CLO.  I had just returned from NYC doing "The Jimmy's" and had to jump right into this production.  I was also going through a personal family trauma.   The musical is a lot of fun to watch and work on.  The leads were great.  Doing a musical is a lot of work to begin with but doing it on the schedule( 2 day turn around) that CLO has it's a huge challenge.  In the end I was very happy with the look of the show.  It also helped to have all those practicals in all those sets working.  Thank you Will Dennis.





No comments:

Post a Comment